Your privacy is very important to me and so there are some fundamental principles that I follow:
- I will not ask you for personal information unless I truly need it.
- I will not share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law or unless you have specifically given me your consent to do so. However when you ask me to follow up an issue on your behalf, for example, I will need to share personal information with the organisation concerned and with other relevant bodies.
Any personal information you share with me via the website will be stored and processed exclusively in connection with my role as a Member of the House of Keys.
Your details will not be kept for longer than necessary, however this may be for the duration of my term(s) as a Member of Tynwald.
I may update this page and policy from time to time.
Information which may be collected
In operating this website I may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of your visits to the website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the website.
- Information provided when you communicate with me for any reason.
Storing Your Personal Data
I also make use of third party applications and services on which your data may be stored or processed, these are listed below along with links to their respective security policies:
If you provide your personal details I may use the information provided to contact you in relation to the specifics of your request.
If you sign up to receive regular news and information by any means, you may cancel the receipt of such bulletins at any time. Personal details which you provide solely for the purpose of receiving news will not be used for any other purpose.
Petitions & Surveys
I may add online petitions or surveys to my site. Should you choose to sign a petition online, I will need to release some of your personal details to the petition’s addressee. I will not pass more details than are necessary, nor will I pass on your details to any other third party.
If you choose to complete a survey, I may contact you regarding any answer you give to a question. I may store your responses to the survey.
Web site statistics
I may use traffic analysis tools to analyse traffic on this website. These tools display aggregate data such as the total number of visitors and “hits” each day and their broad geographical location, popular search queries and which sites link to my site. I do not associate this data with any personally identifying information which you may choose to provide.
Third Party Links
You may find links to third party websites on my website, including ‘social plugins’. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. I do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as I have no control over them.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore I cannot guarantee the security of data sent to me electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk.